Welcome to the Ohara School of Ikebana, Massachusetts Chapter (OSIMA). We learn and enjoy the beauty of Ohara Ikebana.
About Our Chapter
Ohara School of Ikebana New England Study Group was formed in 2007, and we recognized as a chapter in 2016. In addition to regular classes in three locations, Boston, Cambridge, and Worcester, we gather and learn more about Ohara Ikebana region wide through group activities. Follow our chapter Facebook to see our latest events!
Calendar of Events
April 9, 2021 (Fri) 12:00 – April 12, 2021 (Mon) 16:00 *Japan time
Online special lecture & demonstration “Rabbit-ear iris Spring Arrangements”
By Ohara School Headquarters
Lecture by Headmaster Ohara Hiroki, Demonstration by C.O.P Prof. Kawakami Hiroyuki
One hour recorded video with English subtitles (During the broadcast period, you may watch it as many times as you like.) Ticket 4,000 yen
Please see the site below to purchase the ticket and for other details.
- March 11 – 15 Boston Flower & Garden Show, Boston Seaport World Trade Center
Representatives from the Ohara, Sogetsu, and Ikenobo schools will exhibit Ikebana arrangements.
- (Canceled) May 2 – 4 “Art in Bloom”, MFA, Boston
- (Canceled) May 2 Chapter Anniversary & Workshop by a guest instructor, Saskia Elder, Boston Flower Exchange, Chelsea
- (Canceled) May 8 – 10 Ikebana Show, Massachusetts Horticultural Society at Elm Bank, Wellesley
- (Canceled) September Chapter Workshop (Date TBD)
- (Canceled) October 12 -16 NAOTA (North American Ohara Teachers Association) Conference in San Diego
- December 1, 2pm-3pm Japan time, 12am to 1am EST
Online demonstration of three New Year arrangements
By Ohara School Headquarters with Associate Prof. Chiji Masakazu
Your instructor emails you the details.