Welcome to the Ohara School of Ikebana, Massachusetts Chapter (OSIMA). We learn and enjoy the beauty of Ohara Ikebana.
Calendar of Events
The event schedule and details are subject to change without prior notice.
- May 20 (Sat) 10:30am-2:00pm, Chapter Anniversary & Workshop including a general meeting, New England Flower Exchange
- February 1 (Tues) to February 22 (Tues)
Online Event by Ohara School Headquarters “Let’s Arrange Flowers for the New Year”
- April 13 (Wed) 3:00pm to April 28 (Wed) 3:00pm *Japan time
Online Event by Ohara School Headquarters “Cherry blossoms bloom in Spring” Lecture and demonstration. The recorded video with English subtitles. You may watch it as many times as you like during the period. Ticket 4,500 yen. Event and Ticket Info
- May 14 (Sat) 10:30am-2:00pm, Chapter Anniversary & Workshop including a general meeting, New England Flower Exchange Bring a container and Kenzans for Moribana (Preferably 2 rectangle Kenzans). Students should arrive after 10 and before 10:30 so that the workshop can start at 10:30am.
- September 17 (Sat) 10:30am-12:30pm, Chapter Workshop, New England Flower Exchange 1pm-2pm Instructor Workshop
- September 30 (Fri) Headmaster Hiroki Ohara Demonstration, Cleveland Ohio
- October 7 (Fri) Headmaster Hiroki Ohara Demonstration, Toronto Canada, see North American Ohara Teachers Association (NAOTA) website for details
- December 10 (Sat) 10:30am-2:00pm, Chapter Holiday Workshop, New England Flower Exchange
- April 9 (Fri) – April 12 (Mon)
Online Event by Ohara School Headquarters “Rabbit-ear Iris Spring Arrangements”
- June 15 (Tues) – June 22 (Tues)
Online Event by Ohara School Headquarters “Rabbit-ear Iris Summer Arrangements”
- August 28 (Sat) 10:00am-2:00pm, Instructor Workshop
- September 18 (Sat) 10:30am-2:00pm, Chapter Workshop, New England Flower Exchange
- October 15-17 (Fri-Sun) Ikebana International Tower Hill Show, Tower Hill Botanic Garden. Open to the public for viewing. Demonstration by Tom Maney on Sun, Oct 17th at 2pm. Ticket Info
- October 20 (Wed) to October 27 (Wed)
Online Event by Ohara School Headquarters “Rabbit-ear Iris Autumn Arrangements”
- November 13 (Sat) 10:30am-2:00pm (Please arrive around 10am when the entrance is still open.), Chapter Fall Workshop including a short Annual Meeting, New England Flower Exchange. Annual Meeting Announcement Bring a container (Madoka Suiban or similar) and 3 to 4 Kenzans suitable for Circular Form/Mawaru-katachi. If you have any questions, please ask your instructor.
- November 16 (Tues) Ikebana International Japanese Furoshiki Textile Demonstration, Elm Bank
About Our Chapter
Ohara School of Ikebana New England Study Group was formed in 2007, and we recognized as a chapter in 2016. In addition to regular classes in three locations, Boston, Cambridge, and Worcester, we gather and learn more about Ohara Ikebana region wide through group activities. Follow our chapter Facebook to see our latest events!