Welcome to the Ohara School of Ikebana, Massachusetts Chapter (OSIMA). We learn and enjoy the beauty of Ohara Ikebana.
Calendar of Events
The event schedule and details are subject to change without prior notice.
- April 9 (Fri) – April 12 (Mon)
Online Event by Ohara School Headquarters “Rabbit-ear Iris Spring Arrangements”
- June 15 (Tues) 3pm to June 22 (Tues) 3pm *Japan time
Online Event by Ohara School Headquarters “Rabbit-ear Iris Summer Arrangements”
A recording of the live broadcast with English subtitles. 1.5 hours long. You may watch it as many times as you like during the period. Ticket 4,000 yen. Please see the site below to purchase the ticket and for other details. https://sites.google.com/ohararyu.or.jp/ohara-ryusokaspecialonlinelect
- August 28 (Sat) 10:00am-2:00pm, Instructor Workshop
- September 18 (Sat) 10:30am-2:00pm, Chapter Workshop including a short chapter annual meeting, New England Flower Exchange Annual meeting announcement
- October TBA
Online Event by Ohara School Headquarters “Rabbit-ear Iris Fall Arrangements”
- October 15-17 (Fri-Sun) Ikebana International Tower Hill Show, Tower Hill Botanic Garden, Open to the public for viewing
- November 13 (Sat) 10:30am-2:00pm, Chapter Holiday Workshop, New England Flower Exchange
- November 16 (Tues) Ikebana International Japanese Furoshiki Textile Demonstration, Elm Bank
- May 14 (Sat) 10:30am-2:00pm, Chapter Anniversary & Workshop by a guest instructor, Saskia Elder, including a general meeting, New England Flower Exchange
About Our Chapter
Ohara School of Ikebana New England Study Group was formed in 2007, and we recognized as a chapter in 2016. In addition to regular classes in three locations, Boston, Cambridge, and Worcester, we gather and learn more about Ohara Ikebana region wide through group activities. Follow our chapter Facebook to see our latest events!